4 Methods to Reset Windows 7 Password Instantly
This is indeed a fast and efficient way to seek out your answer. However, only trouble is that you may not find the satisfied one from the various answers. In order to meet those users, this article summarized over four Windows 7 password recovery solutions, and some Windows help sites, like http://windows.microsoft.com . When you read this article, I hope you have got the final solution to recover Windows 7 Administrator password.
Solution 1: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset disk
- 1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
- 2. Click Reset password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
- 3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- 4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Reference: How to create Windows 7 password reset disk?
- The Windows password reset disk cannot be used to reset the password on another computer. The password reset disk cannot be used to reset the password on another computer.
- The Windows password reset disk contains sensitive information. Other users may be able to use the password reset disk to gain access to your computer. For this reason, store this disk in a safe and secure location
Solution 2: Reset Windows 7 password with another admin account
- 1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
- 2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button , typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- 3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
- 4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
- 5. Type and confirm the new password.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 7 password from the command prompt
In the command prompt you can monitor all the user of the computer by typing some commands.
- Press Win Key+R and type “cmd” in the Run command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type “net user” in the command prompt and hit “Enter“. This will show all the users of the computer.
Now suppose that you want to change the password of the user “xyz“.
So type the following command and hit enter.
net user <username> *
For instance in this example the user name is xyz. So the command should be
net user xyz *
Now in the command prompt you will be prompted to enter a password for the user. Note that the ****** format is not available here. Put your password and hit “Enter“. You have to retype the password again for confirmation
But the drawback of this technique is that you can’t reset Windows password of the users if you do not have the Administrator privilege. So it is quite hard to change the password of the users without logging in as the administrator.
Solution 4: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset CD
If you have neither another administrator nor Windows password reset disk, you’d better DIY a Windows password reset CD to reset Windows 7 password without reinstalling. Just following steps, even a novice is able to handle this Windows password recovery software with ease.
1. Download Windows Password Unlocker from Password Unlocker Official site
2. Decompress the Windows password unlocker and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto a blank CD with the burner freely supported by Password Unlocker.
3. Insert the Windows password reset CD into the locked computer and re-boots it from the CD drive.
4. After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names (if you have several accounts); select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, you have reset Windows password.
Well, the four solutions are the popular Windows 7 password recovery ways.
In addition, there are some good help sites which also provide detailed solutions to reset Windows 7 password for those who forgot Windows Administrator password.
Like http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm and http://windows.microsoft.com